Christmas fun, from RunWriteDig.
It’s December, and you know what that means. Christmas Mad Gabs!
For the uninitiated, Mad Gabs are seemingly random words that – when sounded out loud – have phonetic equivalents that are more sensible. For example, here’s one from Thanksgiving:
“Cramp Hairy Saws”… say it out loud and you get…. “cranberry sauce.”
This time, you’re on your own. Take your time and sound them out. After I wrote these holiday Mad Gabs, I tested them on my teenager. He got all but one. How many can you solve?
- Chex knots road sting gone hand old pen fighter
- Sin deal yoohoo
- Acre wrist mask herald
- Two elf dates soft grits mist
- Sand tots word chop
- Jean glow wall though wait
- Hand pee haul lit eights
- Hat pete on a cub (this was the one my son couldn’t figure out)
- Sight burn mundane
- Oh mall own
- Frogs teeth thus note demand
- A bomb…
View original post 62 more words